The Best of Body Challenges in Children
August 4, 2022
Jill Castle explores body challenges in children, including recent research about when kids put on extra body fat.
There are many reasons children may have body challenges. Some of these are medical, such as hormonal disorders or genetic conditions. Others are environmental, such as a poor diet or lack of physical activity. And others are psychological.
In particular, there has been a focus on childhood obesity and the many associated health risks. Besides being a physical health concern, it can also lead to low self-esteem and body image issues. However, it is essential to remember that not all children have excess body fat; some children may not have enough body fat.
In this fifth episode of the summer series, ‘The Best of,’ I discuss the challenges children face regarding their body composition by looking at the latest scientific updates. I also review our relevant and previous episodes, which can help you navigate these challenges with your child.
Download my FREE resource How to Nourish a Healthy Child! This checklist is designed to give you a clear path and the steps you need to take to raise a nourished child, inside and out.
What You’ll Learn About The Best of Body Challenges in Children
- The incidence of the disease of obesity in children
- Primary school years as critical years for establishing healthful habits
- Reducing stigma and improving children’s physical health and wellness
- Reframing the perception of body image to encourage body kindness for kids
- The role of society and social media in defining body and size stigma and its effects
- Helping our children make healthy decisions without shaming them
Listen to the Show:
- Subscribe to this show
- Follow me on Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel and see the latest videos
- TNC 73: Quality Carbs, Fat, and Optimal Weight
- TNC 94: Body Kindness for Kids with Rebecca Scritchfield
- TNC 154: Wellness for Kids versus Weight with Dr. Lori Fishman
- The Shop on The Nourished Child
- Get my weekly Newsletter, The Munch
Watch us on YouTube!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode – follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!