Food choices in the first 2 years of life help to establish the future health and intellect of your child. Why? The top baby nutrients have a critical role in overall growth, development and brain growth.
Yes, what you feed your child–breast milk, formula and solid foods–impact your child’s growth, health and future intellect. In this show, I cover the top baby nutrients you need to know and watch in the first two years of life.
In this show you will learn:
- The top baby nutrients that are important in the first 2 years of life
- Why the top baby nutrients should guide your food choices for your baby and young toddler
- Why trendy feeding approaches and special diets may miss out on the top baby nutrients
- What’s going on with body and brain growth in the first 2 years of life
- How the top baby nutrients impact future health, optimal growth and intelligence
I cover these nutrients:
- total fat
- vitamin D
Links mentioned in the show:
CDC stance on Vitamin K shots for infants
Carol Cheatham’s research on DHA
Vitamin D council statement on sun exposure
The Calcium Handbook for Kids: 100 Way to Grow Healthy Bones
Fearless Feeding: How to Raise Healthy Eaters from High Chair to High School
Iron and Baby-Led Weaning
My Baby Nutrition Wish List
To make this topic a bit easier to grasp, I’ve created a Cheat Sheet of the Top Baby Nutrients Parents Need to Watch. Get it here:
Click Here to Get your Free Top Baby Nutrients Cheat Sheet
Thanks for listening! If you like the show, be sure to review it on iTunes, share it on your social media channels, and subscribe to the show in iTunes!