How to Help Your Child Eat a Healthy School Lunch
September 8, 2016
School food should be your ally, not your enemy! Learn what it takes to help your child eat healthy school lunch, and let school lunch, parties, and the concession stand work for you and your child.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Current statistics on school lunch (lunch bought at school)
- 4 keys to getting children to eat healthy school lunch
- What you can do to encourage your child to eat healthy school lunch (the reality: you can’t control your child at school)
- How I’ve handled some tricky school lunch situations with my own children
- Ground rules and expectations
- Planning for School Lunch
- The Hierarchy of Eating
- Eat first, Socialize second
- Easy rules for trading food
- Best ways to handle unexpected treats
Resources I mention in the show about School Lunch:
The Nourished Child Project (an online course for parents of kids 4 to 14 years)
Free Training: 5 Honest Mistakes that Sabotage Your Child’s Healthy Eating (registration link)
School Healthy Policy and Practices Study, 2012
School Meals That Rock on Facebook
Teach and Train Your Child to Make Healthy School Lunches (FREE DOWNLOADS: School Lunch Packing Guide and School Lunch Planner included in this post)
It’s Time to Build a Healthy Concession Stand
Like What You Hear?
Write a review on iTunes
Subscribe to the show—or click on the link BELOW the player (you can subscribe on iTunes, on Android, Stitcher radio, Google Play Music Tuned In and more).
Share the podcast on social media—FB, Twitter, LInkedIN, Pinterest, Instagram—or where ever you hang out! Let your friends know about The Nourished Child podcast!
Join my weekly newsletter and don’t miss a thing!
The more parents that know about the show, the more informed and better at nourishing their child they will be.