ADHD affects around 11% of US children and can alter a child’s ability to pay attention, behave, and learn. Feeding the child with ADHD is an important aspect of treatment and management of this challenge .
Unfortunately, nutrition is often the last thing to be addressed. Challenges like picky eating, diet quality, weight issues, and growth disturbances are all more common than anyone wants to admit.
[Download my FREE checklist How to Nourish a Healthy Child. It outlines the key nutrition, feeding and healthy habits every child needs to grow up healthy!]
Ensuring your child’s nutritional needs are met is a priority and can be difficult. Poor nutrition can interfere with all aspects of a child’s daily functioning. As parents, it can be tricky to know whether your methods for feeding your child with this condition are actually helping.
Join me on the podcast today as I discuss five things you should know, as a parent or a healthcare professional, about feeding the child with ADHD.
I’m sharing where I see people get it wrong when it comes to their child’s diet, and how good nutrition can be a great complementary treatment for ADHD. I’ll also discuss why we should be wary of diet alterations that claim to be curative."If a child is barely making their weight gain and not growing very well, it doesn't make a lot of sense to put a child on a restrictive diet if it's going to interfere further with their growth and development." Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn about Feeding the Child with ADHD:
- How poor nutrition affects the brain’s ability to function at its best.
- Where I see parents misunderstanding the role of nutrition in treating their children with ADHD.
- How good nutrition helps kids with ADHD function at their best.
- What you can do to offer a child with ADHD the best diet possible.
- The wrong reasons to start your child off on a restrictive diet.
- Where you should be making diet eliminations, like additives, and how to assess the effects.
Listen to the Show:
Featured in this Show:
- Join The Nourished Child Facebook page
- Subscribe to this show
- The ADHD Diet for Kids
- The Nourished Child Blueprint
- TNC 079: What Causes Constipation? (+ Relief Tips)
- TNC 022: Artificial Food Dyes: The Influence on Children