Cooking with Kids with Jodi Danen
July 20, 2017
Cooking with Kids
Get kids cooking! We all know cooking with kids is a boon for helping build autonomy with food selection and eating, increase self-esteem, and encourage food knowledge. I chat with Jodi Danen, RD, creator of Create Kids Club, and dish on ways to keep family meals simple, get kids in the kitchen and more.
What You Will Learn about Cooking with Kids:
- Why family meals are important
- Jodi’s family meal approach (hint: super simple!)
- What Jodi serves for dessert
- How she gets her own kids in the kitchen
- Her strategy for dealing with hungry kids
- The short term and end goals of cooking with kids
- Easy, fast family meals
- Why you may need to experiment with the crockpot (and how it can change your life!)
- Jodi’s most popular recipe on her website and with her family
- Jodi’s passion project – Lunch Bites
What We Discuss:
- Jodi’s journey in the field of nutrition
- Her experiences in working with children and the school system
- The mission behind Create Kids Club
- Her mom’s influence on how she feeds her own kids
- School changes and passionate parent reactions
- Why the crockpot is an essential tool in her kitchen
- Her top 3 recipes for her family
- How to make teaching nutrition a bit more exciting for kids
- One More Meal Challenge
- The payoffs from getting kids in the kitchen and cooking with kids
- The things that frustrate Jodi about nutrition (fad diets, complicated information, and more)
Links I Mention in the Show:
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs (Jodi’s most popular recipe)
- Potato Leek Soup (my most popular recipe)
- One More Meal Challenge
- Lunch Bites
- Jodi’s website: http://www.createkidsclub.com
- FB: www.facebook.com/createkidsclub
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/createkidsclub
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/createkidsclub
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/createkidsclub
Help The Nourished Child Grow!
If you do nothing else…please consider writing a review on iTunes! Writing a review is the single most impactful thing you can do to bring this show in front of others.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes, on Android, Stitcher radio, Google Play Music, Tuned In and more (links above).
Tune in to the POD Network, or download the FREE app. Parents on Demand (POD) is a network of parenting podcasts. When you download the app, you’ll get an array of high quality parenting podcasts right on your phone, updated automatically.
Share the podcast on social media—Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Pinterest, Instagram—where ever you hang out.
P.S. Got a topic for the show? A guest you’d like me to invite? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll try to make it happen!