We all want our kids to learn about nutrition. We can teach nutrition through healthy eating activities for kids.
I chat with pediatric dietitian and author, Connie Evers, about how we can use healthy eating activities to teach children of all ages about nutrition.
What You Will Learn about Healthy Eating Activities for Kids:
- Best ways to teach nutrition to kids
- How to infuse nutrition education in schools and group settings
- How to be creative with food experiences for kids
- Why cooking, snack making, label reading and gardens are good platforms for teaching
- Ways to teach the toddler, preschooler, child and teen about nutrition
- How to tie learning to math, reading, and predictive outcomes
- How to find the angle that motivates a child to learn about nutrition
What We Discuss:
- Connie’s agricultural background and upbringing and how it influences her work today
- Her high school interest in food and science
- Why working with children is so rewarding
- Her experience with family meals and the clean plate club and how that influences her eating today
- How Connie counsels children in her practice
- Connie’s philosophy about educating children
- Why she thinks modeling language for parents is important in the educational model
- Ellyn Satter’s Division of Responsibility in the picky eater
- Fear of saying ‘no’ to a child and what happens when we allow natural consequences to occur
- The fun thing Connie has done in nutrition education
- The most difficult age to teach about nutrition
- How she manages overweight children
Links I Mentioned in the Show:
Help The Nourished Child Grow!
Write a review on iTunes. When you write a review it means that iTunes will take notice and make this podcast easier for other parents and childcare takers to find the show!
Subscribe to the show on iTunes, on Android, Stitcher radio, Google Play Music, Tuned In and more (links above)
Share the podcast on social media—Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Pinterest, Instagram—where ever you hang out.
Sign up for my newsletter to stay in the know for future classes and opportunities to work with me!
Are you a parent who loves to listen to podcasts and learn? Parents on Demand is the first podcast network for parents! Visit the website, or download the app to get parenting podcasts streamed directly to your phone.