Some parents inherently know they have more than a picky eater on their hands. They realize that the eating behaviors they see are more aligned with repulsion than disinterest, and are more similar to disgust than distraction. So how do you deal with it?
Taste buds are very different in children than adults, but some kids have even more taste buds than others. When the behavior your child displays around food is more physical than developmental, the chances are, you have a supertaster on your hands.
Supertasters have very sensitive taste buds, but the goal as a parent is to feed your child a healthy diet, even in the presence of this. There are so many vegetables out there, and getting creative with how you serve them can make them more appealing to your picky eaters.
Join me this week as I discuss what a supertaster is and what that means for feeding them. I’m sharing why some kids are supertasters while others are not, and what you can do to help them get enough vegetables.
Believe me, I know how challenging it can be to introduce vegetables to children and get them to like them, but they need to be exposed to them. That exposure will help them to warm up to them over time.“It can take as many as 10 to 20 individual exposures or even more for your child to find a food acceptable.” Click To Tweet
[Download my FREE resource 4 Mealtime Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make. It includes 4 common feeding mistakes and includes positive ways to motivate your child to eat well!]
What You’ll Learn About Supertasters:
- The reasons that some children are supertasters.
- How to teach your kids to like vegetables.
- Some benefits to being a supertaster.
- How to tell if your child is one.
- Some tips for feeding picky eaters.
- The differences between a picky eater and a supertaster.
Listen to the Show:
Featured in this Show:
- Follow me on Social Media: Facebook | Instagram
- Subscribe to this show
- If you’ve got somebody you think I should invite onto the show this year, please let me know!
- The Nourished Child Parent Education Website
- My new book! The Smart Mom’s Guide to Healthy Snacking: How to Raise a Smart Snacker from Tot to Teen
- Try New Food: How to Help Picky Eaters Taste, Eat & Like New Foods
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- TNC #124: How to Raise a Smart Snacker
- What is a supertaster?
- Society of Sensory Professionals.