In this episode, we explore how kids learn how to eat with Dawn Winkelmann, a pediatric feeding therapist and co-inventor of EZPZ pediatric feeding products.
Dawn Winkelmann is a Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and Feeding Specialist with 26 years of experience teaching parents and medical professionals how to help babies start solids safely and encourage toddlers to overcome picky eating.
In this episode, Dawn Winkelmann shares how kids learn how to eat and how they go from a liquid diet to a full range of solid foods.
She explains how the EZPZ pediatric feeding products such as Happy Mat and Tiny Cup help infants and toddlers learn to feed independently.
Moreover, she encourages parents to let their babies lead the way and give them credit for what they can do. She reveals the key to getting children to eat is making them comfortable around food and letting them have control.
Dawn also discusses the obstacles that get in the way of children being autonomous with eating. She points out that it’s normal for toddlers to eat with their hands while they learn to eat.
Furthermore, she says that some picky eating has to do with how the mouth is changing, particularly in the oral structure. She reminds us that we don’t need to change the food to match that oral stage.
Dawn gives her tips for sensory-based picky eaters. and urges us to think outside of the box and look at what the child is doing.
Download my FREE resource How to Nourish a Healthy Child! This checklist is designed to give you a clear path and the steps you need to take to raise a nourished child, inside and out.
What You’ll Learn About Kids Learn How to Eat:
- How kids learn how to eat, moving from a liquid diet to a full range of solid foods
- How Dawn became a Speech-Language pathologist and specialized in kids’ feeding and swallowing
- Details about ezpz and how its products changed the feeding industry
- What does it mean to learn how to eat
- What obstacles arise during the process of feeding a child and how to overcome them
- Tips for parents whose children are sensory-based picky eaters
Listen to the Show:
Featured in this Show:
- Subscribe to this show
- Follow me on Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel and see the latest videos
- Dawn Winkelmann: Website | Email | EZPZ | Book – Making Mealtime ezpz
- The Shop on The Nourished Child
- Nutrition for the Extremely Picky Eater Workshop