Listener question: How can I support a healthier body image in my child? Jill answers and offers resources for parents and their kids.
In this new feature of my show, you can send me your questions through a voice recorder on my website and I’ll be answering them.
Today’s episode is all about helping kids develop a healthier body image. I know it’s something that parents are increasingly concerned about nowadays. The ever-present societal norms dictate what a “perfect” body looks like and social media may put pressure on children regarding their appearance.
In this episode, I’ll answer a reader’s question by exploring some of the research findings around children’s body image and sharing some practical tips and past episodes you can use and revisit to support a healthier body image in your child.
A New Book is Coming! Get on the list to be the first to know when! Go to this link https://thenourishedchild.com/size-wise
What You’ll Learn About Supporting a Healthier Body Image
- Helping your child develop a positive relationship with food and their body
- The impact of social media on children’s body image
- Navigating picky eating and body image concerns in children
- Encouraging your child to accept and appreciate different body sizes and shapes
- Understanding the link between body image and mental health in children
- Teaching body acceptance at a young age
- Overcoming your body image issues to support your child
- Empowering your child to thrive in today’s culture
Listen to the Show:
Featured in this Show:
- Subscribe to this show
- Follow me on Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel and see the latest videos
- BMI Report Cards in School with Kris Madsen – episode #127
- The Body Image Book for Girls by Charlotte Markey (Girls aged 12 years and up)
- She’s also on the podcast – episode #122
- Being You: Body Image Book for Boys By Charlotte Markey (Boys aged 12 years and up)
- Charlotte talks about this on the podcast in episode #162
- The Boy’s Body Book by Kelli Dunham (for boys ages 9-11 years)
- Celebrate Your Body (and It’s Changes Too!) by Sonya Renee Taylor (for girls 8-12 years)
- Bodies are Cool by Tyler Feder (ages 2-5 years)
- Sign up for my FREE Newsletter, The Munch
- The Shop on The Nourished Child
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
- Don’t miss our deep library of podcast episodes focused on child nutrition and feeding kids!