The Best of Extreme Picky Eating
June 23, 2022
Jill Castle reviews the latest science on extreme pickiness and ARFID, including the topic of disgust as a reason for not eating.
Food avoidance and extreme pickiness are problems that affect children. While both can be very frustrating for parents, they can have different causes. In some cases, repeated exposure to a feared food will eventually cause a child to overcome their fear and begin to eat the food. However, this is not always the case.
There can be many different factors that contribute to food avoidance and extreme picky eating. Though it may seem like a minor issue, when a child is highly selective about the foods they eat, it can lead to difficulties later in life. A child’s diet is often limited, which can cause them to miss out on vital nutrients and vitamins essential for growth and development.
If you are the parent of a picky eater, don’t worry! I bring up some fresh updates in science and previous episodes that would help you address these underlying issues related to extreme picky eating in this second episode of The Best of Summer.
Download my FREE resource How to Nourish a Healthy Child! This checklist is designed to give you a clear path and the steps you need to take to raise a nourished child, inside and out.
What You’ll Learn About The Best of Extreme Picky Eating
- The role of anxiety in extreme picky eating
- Changing our expectations for children with extreme picky eating
- Addressing food avoidance in children with ARFID
- Extreme picky eating from a food therapy standpoint
- Sensory processing challenges with picky eating
Listen to the Show:
Featured in this Show:
- Subscribe to this show
- Follow me on Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel and see the latest videos
- TNC 58: Sad Perfect: A Story About ARFID
- TNC 44: How to Help Extreme Picky Eaters
- TNC 88: Making Sense of Sensory Issues
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis in Children
- Sign up for The Munch Weekly Newsletter
- The Shop on The Nourished Child
Watch us on YouTube!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode – follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!