The Toll of the Disease of Obesity in Teens with Ted Kyle
April 23, 2020
Teen obesity is a very tricky topic for some of us to talk about even as healthcare providers, especially when it comes to treatment.
And because of that, we are so lucky to have Ted Kyle on the show this week to share his practical, humane, empathetic approach for parents and healthcare providers alike when treating obesity.
[Download my FREE checklist How to Nourish a Healthy Child. It outlines the key nutrition, feeding and healthy habits every child needs to grow up healthy!]
Ted Kyle is a pharmacist and health innovator based in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, and he’s also a tireless advocate for people living with obesity.
Ted’s newsletter reaches over 15,000 thought leaders in health and obesity, and I highly recommend checking it out. I met Ted at a conference recently and I just knew he was someone you all needed to hear from.
Tune in this week for an insight into why tackling teen obesity is such a tricky subject and why a lot of the approaches taken historically, like blaming parents and children, haven’t had any positive impact.
Ted is sharing the challenges facing children and families dealing with obesity, and how they can actually be supported."Obesity is not a choice that people make, but a condition that people inherit. Genes set the table for obesity, and then the environment serves it up by triggering that susceptibility." – Ted Kyle Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn about Teen Obesity:
- How Ted came to take an interest in the treatment of obesity.
- How to understand what people with obesity go through.
- Why obesity is not a choice, but a condition that people inherit.
- How environment can impact people who are genetically predisposed to obesity.
- Why shifting trends in nutrition haven’t changed the trend of teen obesity.
- How restriction as a means of diet control backfires.
- The biggest challenges that children with obesity and their families face.
Listen to the Show:
Featured in this Show:
- Join The Nourished Child Facebook page
- Subscribe to this show
- Ted Kyle: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter
- Ted on the Sound Bites RD podcast
- TNC 073: Optimal Weight for Life with Leslie Mattimore and Amanda Rauf
- The Genetic Lottery of Life
- Potential Contributors to Obesity
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!