Roasted Asparagus & Mushroom Frittata
June 14, 2017
I’m always on the hunt for a fast and easy frittata recipe! I was first introduced to the frittata in Cadiz, Spain and I can still remember it. After it was made, we took it to the beach for lunch! I called on chef extraordinaire, Melinda Lamarche, to share her take on a frittata recipe.
We are loving the fact that local produce is available in the markets. One of the foods we are most excited about at our house is asparagus. Asparagus can be found in the grocery stores year round BUT it just doesn’t taste like local asparagus, so when its in season we really have to take advantage.
Although the asparagus used in this recipe was not local, it was still pretty tasty and got us excited about what’s coming. Asparagus is an amazing green vegetable. They contain fiber, are a great source of folate and also contain vitamin A, C and K. Asparagus contain antioxidants, which means they are fighters against the development of chronic disease.
Roast it, bake it, steam it or make it into a soup, however you decide to prepare it, asparagus is a delicious and healthy choice.
Amazing Baked Asparagus Frittata Recipe
In this recipe, I’ve roasted asparagus with cremini mushrooms and onions. Then mixed them into a few eggs and topped it with cheese.
This was dinner at my house tonight but could easily be made for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Eat it whenever your heart desires!
I made two individual frittatas today as you can see in the picture but you can easily prepare this in a medium sized pan and cut into slices to serve 4-5 people. Complete this meal by serving it with a green salad and slices of hearty whole grain bread or roasted potatoes.
Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata with Cheese
An egg-based frittata with roasted asparagus, cremini mushrooms, onions and cheese.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 cup of cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, place asparagus, onion and mushrooms on the baking sheet, sprinkle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and roast until tender, approximately 15-20 minutes, timing might depend on how hot your oven gets.
- While the vegetables are roasting, beat 5 eggs in a small bowl, then heat remaining oil in a medium sized pan on medium heat.
- When the vegetables are ready, transfer asparagus to a cutting board and cut into ½” pieces, reserve a few asparagus tips to decorate the top of your frittata if you wish.
- Toss vegetables into eggs, stir to combine well then add half of the cheese.
- Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the hot pan, top with remaining asparagus tips and remaining cheese.
- Cook the frittata on the stovetop on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the bottom is cooked, then transfer to a 400 F oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are firm.
- Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese turns golden brown.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 249mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
This is an estimation of nutritional content.