How Did I Get Here? The Jill Castle Story
April 29, 2021
During a year that has been different from any other year before with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, normal has been redefined. Although I typically talk about pediatric nutritional advice in this podcast, sometimes I have to accept that I can’t do what is “normal.”
When my planned guest contracted a sudden illness, I thought I would have to cancel the show. My daughter inspired me to take a step back and give you more of a history of myself and the podcast and not be afraid to deviate from “normal” every once in a while.
Today, I am talking you through the “Jill Castle” story. I want you as my listeners to know more about how I got started as a nutritionist, how I became interested in pediatric nutrition specifically, and more about my career path for those interested in nutrition.
This episode isn’t just about my career journey, though. It is also about the challenges that come with feeding and supporting your own family, especially as a full-time parent. From feeding them fruit at every meal to role modeling for them, I talk about how I incorporated being a parent of four children with my background in nutrition.
If you have listened to my podcast for a while and wondered about how I got started as a nutritionist, what qualifies me as a pediatric dietitian, or how I supported my own children’s diet growing up, this episode will shed light on it all.
[Download my FREE resource How to Nourish a Healthy Child! This checklist is designed to give you a clear path and the steps you need to take to raise a nourished child, inside and out.]
What You’ll Learn from the Jill Castle Story:
- How this year has been different than any other.
- Why it is essential to learn how to be flexible.
- What makes a good work ethic so valuable on your career path.
- How to position yourself to gain valuable work experience and internships.
- Why it is important to gain work experience in your chosen field early.
- Why I love pediatric nutrition.
- How I fed my own children while functioning as a stay-at-home mom.
Listen to the Show:
Featured in this Show:
- Follow me on Social Media: Facebook | Instagram
- Subscribe to this show
- If you’ve got a topic you’d like me to discuss on the show this year, please let me know!
- My new book! The Smart Mom’s Guide to Healthy Snacking: How to Raise a Smart Snacker from Tot to Teen
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel and see the latest videos!
- Jill Castle TEDx talk
- Eat in Peace workshop
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.